Christian Medical Association
PINNED CMA NEWS/UPDATES (Updated 03/31/18)
-Please welcome the new CMA officers for the 2018-2019 school year!
President: Justin Puia
PA Representative: Abby Plec
- Hospice Choir Volunteering takes place every other Thursday at 6pm to 7pm. Contact Jason Gnasigamany (email@example.com) for more info.
- Looking for a church home in Fort Worth? - Check out the compiled list of where UNTHSC attends church!
If you haven't yet, please join our Facebook page so you can be updated on the latest news and events.
Wednesdays @ 7am @MET464 | Contact Paul Figel (firstname.lastname@example.org; 432-288-2444)
Wednesdays @12pm | Contact Ryan Brown (email@example.com; 325-518-9047)
- Women's Bible Study: Contact Catie Dennis (Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org; 214-608-3633)
CMA officer info? - Scroll way down
Christian Medical Association (CMA), University of North Texas Health Science Center Chapter, is a part of the Christian Medical Dental Association (CMDA), which "provides resources, networking opportunities, education, and a public voice for Christian healthcare professionals and students." Both CMA and CMDA "seeks to fulfill Jesus's Great Commandment (Matthew 22:39; 25:36) and His Great Commission (Matthew 28:19)" through the field of medicine. (www.cmda.org)
More specifically, the 4 main visions/goals of CMA is to:
- God never meant us to go through life by ourselves; he also doesn’t want Christians to get lost in the sea of faces. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- To successfully go about our lives as Christians, we must be equipped with God’s word. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Jesus commanded us to serve and love our neighbors to illustrate God’s grace. (1 Peter 4:10)
SHARE the gospel (Matthew 28:19)
Whether you are interested in learning more about Jesus, you don't know a whole lot about Jesus, or you are a Christian looking to get plugged in and grow in your faith, don't be afraid to reach out to one of the officers. We would love to sit down with you and talk more about it!
If your group has a UNTHSC listserv, please list the address. Otherwise, please list N/A.
If your organization has selective membership, please describe the selection process.
You do not have to be an official CMA member to join the OrgSync group. If you would like to become a member, dues are $40 for 1st year TCOM students, $30 for 2nd year TCOM students and 1st year PA students, and $20 dollars for 2nd year PA/PT/PharmD/MedSci and others.
Yearly, Semesterly, Officers Appointed, etc.
What Month/Time of Year do Elections Occur?
Please provide the name of any additional officers (e.g., Co-President, TPTA Rep, Honor Code Representative Alternate).
Ryan Brown; Paul Figel; Justin Richardson; Rachel Walker
Dr. Ryan Seals DO
Interim Chair & Assistant Professor of Family Medicine