Formerly known as ULAMS, the Latino Medical Student Association at UNTHSC is committed to improving the health of Hispanic/Latino communities.
We believe this goal can be achieved by
Does this sound like something you would like to do? Would you like to add some Sabor to your medical education? Then JOIN LMSA! You can also visit our website to know more about our events, etc.
Want to join already? Fill out this form to pay dues and select your t-shirt size: https://goo.gl/forms/n92Ud4vMXaciX0iw2
Our Mission: The Latino Medical Student Association unites and empowers medical students through service, mentorship and education to advocate for the health of the Latino community.
Our vision is: Unifying Medical Students to promote Latino health.
• To unify all Latino medical Students into one organization
• To provide a voice for underrepresented medical students
• To actively promote recruitment and retention of Latino students of all levels
• To educate medical students on Latino health issues
• To advocate for the rights of Latinos in health care
• To provide leadership opportunities for Latinos
• To promote volunteerism in the Latino community
If your group has a UNTHSC listserv, please list the address. Otherwise, please list N/A.
If your organization has selective membership, please describe the selection process.
Yearly, Semesterly, Officers Appointed, etc.
What Month/Time of Year do Elections Occur?
Spring (for most officers), Fall for First Year Representatives
Omar Ibarra Aleman
Please provide the name of any additional officers (e.g., Co-President, TPTA Rep, Honor Code Representative Alternate).