GSC 3rd Annual Professional Development Conference
You are invited to the 3rd Annual Graduate Student Professional Development Conference on February 27th.
Attend workshops in career development, leadership & management, professionalism, communication, research skills, and mentoring.
When: Saturday February 27th, 9:00am to 5:30pm
Where: Thwing and Tinkham Veale University Center
Cost: Registration is FREE. Visit https://orgsync.com/129501/forms/179584 to register.
Continental breakfast & hot lunch will be provided by Murray Hill Market.
Students are invited to attend up to four sessions on topics including:
• Starting a Business in Healthcare
• Grant Writing
• Job Offer and Salary Negotiation
• Cover Letter Writing
• Emotional Intelligence
• Communicating to Non-Experts
• Leadership in Teamwork
• What Careers Suit Me
• How Employers Think and How to Use That to Your Advantage
• Breaking Into Consulting
• Breaking Into Biotech
• Conflict Management
• Culture Differences in Business Etiquette
• Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
• Teaching Skills and Communications
• Tips for Applying to Non-Academic Jobs in STEM
Our Keynote titled "Finding Fulfilling Careers, Not Work" will be delivered by Rudy Bellani, CEO of Oystir (the site is safe).
Students are also invited to join a panel discussion on mentoring and teaching, featuring past winners of the Diekhoff Award for Mentoring and Teaching Excellence.
The Professional Development Committee is looking forward to seeing you there!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.