Leigh Lane Edwards Scholarship Application 2016-2017
The Leigh Lane Edwards International Service-Learning Scholarship emphasizes service to the community among Appalachian students who hope to engage in a service-learning experience abroad. Applicants demonstrated financial need will be considered as part of the selection process. Complete applications must include the following information/documents:
- Application Form
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- A Copy of Your Resume
- Conduct Disclosure Agreement
You may submit these all or in part through this form (additional submissions can be made to the ACT Office (138 Plemmons Student Union)
Complete applications are due by Tuesday, October 25th by 5:00pm
Important Things to Remember:
- Leigh Lane Edwards International Service-Learning Scholarships must be used within the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Scholarships must be used on ACT sponsored programs only, specifically International Alternative Service Experience or International Community Development Initiative internship.
- Scholarships will be applied to student’s university account once student registers for the program of choice.
- Scholarships will be rescinded if student drops out of program at any time, fails to complete academic requirements, and/or fails to hold up program expectations, including but not limited to the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to provide pictures and a post-service experience reflection to ACT that may be used in future promotion of ACT programs.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their scholarship award prior to the iASE Lottery Event. Scholarship recipients will be given priority choice for the program they wish to participate in.
- This year at least 1 scholarship will be reserved for a diversity designation.