How to Defrost Your Mini Fridge!
Dec 12, 2018 by Meredith Smith
When your mini fridge will be left unattended for long periods of time like Winter Break, we require students to unplug and defrost their micro fridge. If you're new to this process it can be a little tricky. Here are some simple instructions that you can't go wrong with.
- Plan on defrosting your fridge at least 24 hours before you leave. To defrost your mini fridge
- Remove and discard any items inside.
- Unplug your fridge, prop open the door and place a towel or tray underneath it to absorb any water. You may also want to place a towel inside the fridge as moisture accumulates
- Leave it overnight.
- The next morning, wipe down any excess moisture and dry the towels, trays, or cloths you used in and around the fridge
- This is also a great time to clean the shelves, drawers, or racks your mini fridge may have. Never use harsh or abrasive cleaners inside your fridge; a hot water/baking soda mixture or warm, soapy water will do the trick. Rinse it with a clean rag or sponge and dry.
- An important note: ALWAYS make sure your fridge is dry before closing the door to avoid mold and bacteria! A moldy fridge is certainly not something you want to return to.
Source: Tips adapted from PC Richard & Sons