9th Annual Chili Cook-Off
Deadline for entries is October 9th!
Submit this form here, or turn in to Jeremy Keller – Fax: 937.775.5573. If you have questions
email Jeremy at email@example.com
Office of Student Activities – 019 Student Union
• The Chili Cook Off will be held during the Homecoming Festival Saturday, October 10th at Rinzler Student Athletic Complex.
• Chili is defined as any kind of spicy, stew-like dish cooked with chili peppers, meat (optional), and/or beans (optional). Various other spices and ingredients may be added with the exception of rice or pasta.
• Beans may be used in your chili; however you must indicate its inclusion in the name.
• Chili must be cooked before arriving at the event. Check-in and set-up for the event is at 4:30pm, start time 5:00pm, and judging time is around 5:30pm.
• Please provide plenty of chili for judging, friends, and spectators to sample (we suggest 2 Crockpots). Sample cups and spoons will be provided.
• Please decorate your table with WSU pride and in the chili spirit. Decorations will be judged for a prize.
• Participants are responsible for cleaning their area after the event.
“Best Chili” will be judged on the following criteria:
Flavor, texture/consistency, aroma, appearance and presentation of the dish.
"People's Choice" will be awarded by:
Friends, spectators, and people enjoying the chili, who each received a voting ballot to write the name of the organization who, in their opinion, served the best chili. One voting ballot per person.