2015-2016 Freshman Class Council Application
Welcome to Boston College, and to the Class of 2019!
The Freshman Class Council is a group of students working to create traditions, establish community, and build a legacy for the Class of 2019. The Council is comprised of students who are diverse in backgrounds, areas of study, involvement, and goals, but share a dedication to and pride in Boston College. Creating unity among peers and offering opportunities to engage with others that share a common purpose are core principles to the Council. With the assistance of the Office of Student Involvement and the Office of University Mission and Ministry, the Council will create inclusive communities within the greater Boston College structure.
Once selected, Freshman Class Council Leadership Team members will be required to attend a mandatory half-day retreat with other Class Council Leadership Team members on Saturday, Sept. 19 from noon to 5 p.m. Other time commitments for leadership team members will include a weekly hour-long meeting, monthly all-Class Council meeting, and varying time commitments for class events and programming.
The following Leadership Team positions are available, and brief descriptions of position duties and responsibilities are included:
- Co-Chair: Responsible for oversight of the Council, and serves as the primary liaison between the Office of Student Involvement and the Class of 2019
- Finance Chair: Serves as a secondary contact for the Class Council, and oversees all treasury and budgetary matters, assists with logistical and financial oversight of fundraising initiatives, and collaborates with other team members on programming and event planning
- Educational Enrichment Chair: Oversees class service and philanthropy initiatives, specific class educational programming, and serves as a liaison for programming in partnership with academic departments
- Social Chair: Responsible for oversight of class social programming (i.e. Signature events, class unity events, etc.)
- Communications Chair: Oversees marketing, promotion, and social media use for the Council
- Department Liaison: Responsible for bridging the gap between the Office of University Mission and Ministry and the Freshman Class Council
General Membership: Additional leadership opportunities are available through committees, committee chairs, special events and programming, and service initiatives on a voluntary basis.