UW-Stout Today Submission Form
Welcome to the submission form for UW-Stout Today, the daily email to inform faculty and staff of news and events. Refer to the guidelines listed below before submitting.
- Submissions must relate directly to the university, its employees or students.
- Information should be as clear and concise as possible. Acronyms should be avoided but if used, defined.
- University Communications reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and style. We use the Associated Press Stylebook and UW-Stout Publications Style Guide in the editing process. Refer to the link for information. See daily email helpful hints below.
- Submissions may appear one or two times and must be received by noon the day before the first requested post. We suggest announcements to appear once a few days before the event or deadline and again either the day of or the day before. When completing the form specify the two post dates.
- The form allows a maximum of 800 characters, approximately 135 words. Lengthy submissions with complex formatting should be posted on a website. Daily email will provide a brief introduction and a link to the site. You will be asked to submit a url — Web address — in the form.
- For assistance in publishing information on your website, contact your department's Web editor or Barbara Button, university Web coordinator, at ext. 2284. [Instructions for posting Word documents and PDFs on the Web]
Daily email helpful hints:
When submitting items for daily email, have the following format practices in mind:
- Do not use attachments.
- Do not use exclamation points.
- Do not use personal pronouns, for example you, we and our.
- Do not use ampersands unless they are part of a proper noun.
- Do not capitalize titles, names of academic disciplines or departments unless they are proper nouns, such as English, or the title comes before the name.
- Do not capitalize university by itself.
- Do not editorialize; for example, “Come to this exciting event.”
- In general do not use initials or acronyms.
- Use one space after a period.
- Do not use boldface, italics or capital letters for emphasis.
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.