Welcome to Islamic Relief at UTD!
Purpose: Islamic Relief USA provides relief and development in a dignified manner regardless of gender, race, or religion, and works to empower individuals in their communities and give them a voice in the world.
Islamic Relief at UTD strives to reach out to students on campus to provide
community service events for them to participate in.
State your organization's official purpose or mission. this statement will be viewed by the public. Please make sure it is grammatically correct.
Inspired by our Islamic faith and guided by our values, we envisage a world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others.
• Exemplifying our Islamic values, we will mobilise resources, build partnerships and develop local capacity as we work to:
• Enable communities to mitigate the effect of disasters, prepare for their occurrence and respond by providing relief, protection and recovery.
• Promote integrated development and environmental custodianship with a focus on sustainable livelihoods.
• Support the marginalized and vulnerable to voice their needs and address root causes of poverty.
Islamic Relief works with communities to strengthen their resilience to disasters, and we provide vital emergency aid when disasters occur.
We help poor people to access basic services, including education, water and sanitation, as well as healthcare. We provide lasting routes out of poverty through our sustainable livelihoods schemes, and our integrated approach to development is transforming communities worldwide.
We tackle the root causes of poverty and make sure that the world’s most vulnerable people have a strong voice and real influence in both our programs and advocacy. We are also a policy leader on Islamic humanitarianism, and our research programs develop distinctive, practical approaches to the key issues that are affecting our world today.
Islamic Relief endeavors to:
Protect life and dignity
Campaign for change
Strengthen the Islamic Relief family
Purpose of IRUSA attempts to replace old statements
• We aim to respond to those in need by implementing humanitarian operations in order to provide relief.
• To provide assistance through the facilitation of charitable events, campaigns, and empowerment.
• We work to strengthen local capacity, protect children, provide Islamic perspectives, and protect the environment.
Please list your current organization website (s). If your organization does not have an external website or an OrgSync website please put NA.
Yafi Naeel Chowdhury
If you do not know the UTD email please use the UTD directory to look it up. http://www.utdallas.edu/direc...
Dr. Victoria McCrady