Provisional Student Organization Registration
Provisional registration for student organizations will allow groups with less than five members to function at Kansas State University. These groups will be provided the same rights and privileges of student groups with the exception of funding. The Center for Student Involvement (CSI) will work closely with these groups to help them effectively recruit and retain its members for the current year. There are a few requirements set forth to which a group must adhere before applying for registration. They are:
- Groups must have at least 3 members who are currently enrolled students.
- Groups are not eligible for funding from the Student Governing Association or Fine Arts Council.
- Groups must create a plan of action for recruitment, presented to the CSI coordinator or designee along with the application for provisional membership.
- Groups will be required to follow the guidelines of registered student groups.
- Groups will be required to meet with the CSI coordinator or designee at the beginning and end of each semester.
- At the end of the year, if the student organization does not have five members, the Campus Activities Board will review the plan of action for eligibility of future provisional status.
- After two consecutive years of continuous provisional status, a group will not be allowed to register provisionally for two semesters.
Question: Center for Student Involvement, email@example.com, 785-532-6541.