Homecoming Court Application 2018
2018 Homecoming Central Court
Guidelines and Information
1. Application is due Sunday, September 30 by 11:59pm. No applications will be accepted after this time.
2. Only Seniors are eligible to apply.
3. To be considered, you must be on campus for the fall semester. This means if you are abroad during the fall semester and cannot attend Homecoming events you are ineligible.
4. Each student organization and department/office is allowed to nominate one individual to the 2018 Homecoming Court. Students may also be nominated by an SU faculty/staff member or can self nominate. Nominations from student organizations, departments/offices or faculty/staff are not required.
5. Each applicant must submit the application form, a current resume and written responses to the short-answer questions.
6. The 2018 Homecoming Court will be asked to be present at a variety of events held throughout the week. These events may include any or all of the following (Events are tentative):
Tuesday, October 16
• Slice of Orange Days; 11am-2pm (announcement of Court members and sash presentation around 12pm)
Wednesday, October 17
• Slice of Orange Days; 11am-2pm
• Traditions Commission Trivia Night 8pm
Thursday, October 18
• Danceworks Homecoming Showcase
Friday, October 19
• Alumni Awards Celebration
• Traditions Commission sponsored event
Saturday, October 20
• Orange Central Tailgate
• Football game (for presentation of the Court)
• University Union and Traditions Commission present a Night of Comedy (announcement of King and Queen)
7. To complete the application form, please attach a one page resume that includes: all campus organizations that you are involved with, awards, scholarships or other honors that you have earned and any community organizations, service and work or internship experience that you have had over the past four years. The preferred format for resumes is a PDF file.
8. All applicants will receive notification on Friday, October 5. Not all applicants will be granted an interview. Applicants receiving notification for an interview will be asked for their schedules by Saturday, October 6. If an applicant is chosen for an interview, they must be available to come *in person* on Thursday, October 11 or Friday, October 12. The interviews will give the selection committee an opportunity to get to know applicants better and understand why they would be a good member of the Homecoming Court. Along with the interview, candidates will take a brief traditions quiz, consisting of questions about past and current SU history and traditions.
9. The process for the 2018 Homecoming Court is as follows:
Round 1: Application, reviewed by committee
Round 2: Interview with select committee members and Traditions quiz
Committee selects Court members
Round 3: Online voting by SU student body
Determines Homecoming King and Queen
Online voting gives the students at SU the opportunity to vote for the candidates of their choice. Online voting will take place from Monday, October 15 until Friday, October 19. There will be a link for voting on the Orange Central website. The Homecoming Court members who receive the highest overall scores will be named the official SU Homecoming King & Queen.
If you are selected to be on the 2018 Homecoming Court, you will be required to participate in the planning of Winter Carnival and Senior Celebration.
10. It is understood that, at any SU sanctioned event, those participants on the Court will conduct themselves according to the polices set forth in the Code of Student Conduct found here. Those found to be in violation will be immediately removed from the Court and not able to run in the final voting processes. This includes but is not limited to consumption of alcohol, the age requirement for alcohol in New York State, and it's related conduct.
Any and all questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org