The 2018 Intersect Retreat will take place from January 26th-28th, 2018 at the Blowing Rock Conference Center.
What is the INTERSECT Retreat?
Who is it for?
Click here for important retreat details.
The core objectives of the INTERSECT Social Justice Retreat are for participants to:
- understand one's own cultural backgrounds
- listen to the experiences and stories of others
- learn about the roots of specific forms of oppression and privilege
- discover ways to address everyday bias, stereotypes, and discrimination as an ally (or someone who isn’t personally impacted, but who is responsible based on their privilege)
- describe and exemplify ways to create positive change and promote inclusion on campus
- to encourage coalition building between individual students and groups/organizations across differences.