Homecoming 2012 S.O. Sing Application
Student Organization (S.O.) Sing Rules and Regulations
A printed copy of all applications with completed signatures is due ALL Completed Homecoming Applications for all are due Friday , September 14, 2012 or Wednesday, September 19,2012 between 7:00-10:00 A.M in front of the
Student Activities Office 020 (West SUB Basement). This is in addition to the application you will submit online.
All registered student organizations are invited to participate in the 2012 Homecoming S.O. Sing Competition. All organizations will compete to win top prize in Greek and Student Organization categories. Incorporate your Musical Artist/Band theme into your dancing and singing.
To show your organization’s support of Texas Tech, spirit for Homecoming 2012, and to allow other students to enjoy the entertainment of on campus student organizations.
Must be a current Texas Tech registered Student Organization. If you are partnering with another organization, each organization must complete and turn in an application. Only members of the student organization(s) may participate. Each organization can only enter one (1) act into the competition; this includes partnering organizations. No more than forty (40) people can be on the floor at one time. (More may participate, but only forty (40) on the stage at a time.)
Failure to attend any of these dates will result in disqualification. One representative from each organization, including partnering organizations, must attend all the mandatory dates.
• Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 6:00pm: S.O. Sing Informational Meeting in the Escondido Theatre, SUB Basement
• Tuesday, October 9, 2012 : S.O. Sing Rehearsal at 8:00 0pm at the United Spirit Arena
- All performers must arrive at 7:15pm in costume to set up
• Wednesday, October 10, 2012 : S.O. Sing Performance at 8pm at the United Spirit Arena
- ALL performers must be present at 6:45pm
*ALL Completed Homecoming Applications for all are due Friday , September 14, 2012 or Wednesday, September 19, 2012 between 7:00-10:00 A.M in front of the
Student Activities Office 020 (West SUB Basement). All music and a list of props must be submitted with the application as well as a TYPED list of names of all participants from your organization; failure to do so will result in disqualification.
There are two categories in which you will be judged: Greek and Student Organization. The Top Three (3) of each will be announced that night. There is an attached Judging Criteria sheet for more information. Winners of each category will also be announced at the Pep Rally on Friday night.
Music & Props:
The following Rules and Regulations are to provide you and your organization(s) guidelines to prevent disqualification. If any of these Rules or Regulations are broken, the organization(s) will be disqualified.
- An ORIGINAL C.D. must be submitted with the organization’s application.
- No burned or downloaded songs will be accepted. Please be aware if you do use a downloaded song, we cannot guarantee the quality of the song.
- Music should be instrumental only, no voices present on music.
- Lyrics must be submitted with the organization’s application.
- All lyrics and songs will be reviewed for approval by the Tech Activities Board Homecoming Committee.
- No inappropriate or profane lyrics or dancing will be allowed. Any lyrics or dances deemed inappropriate by the Tech Activities Board Homecoming Committee will result in disqualification.
- All lyrics must be sung as this is the “S.O. Sing Competition” i.e. NOT a lip sync competition.
- Song Length is limited to 3 minutes.
- Feather Boas are NOT permitted
- Props must be approved by the Tech Activities Board Homecoming Committee. Ideas should be submitted with application for approval.
- ALL props must be present at rehearsal or they will not be allowed to be used on performance night.
- Every participant must be in FULL costume for rehearsal.
All limitations are listed in the above sections. If you or your organization(s) have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Tech Activities Board Homecoming Committee at 742-4708 or at email@example.com .
• Any participant found to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will result in disqualification of entire Student Organization and Judicial Action will be taken. The accompanying group in the performance will also be disqualified.
• Order of acts will be solely based on the order in which the application is turned in. Complete Applications include Entry Form, Contact and Advisor Signature Page, music and a copy of the lyrics and a typed list of all participants.
• For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Emily Barnhart at firstname.lastname@example.org or the TAB office at 742-4708.
**Remember: The Tech Activities Board Homecoming Committee has final say on all song lyrics, music, and the appropriateness of dance.
Tech Homecoming 2012
Student Organization Sing Competition
1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will be awarded in two categories, Greek and Student Organizations.
Scoring is based on a 100 point scale.
Creativity/Originality 25 points
Total: 25 points
Singing Quality 10 points
Song Choice 10 points
Total: 20 points
Costumes/Props 20 points
Adherence to Theme 15 points
Overall Presentation/ Enthusiasm 20 points
Total: 55 points