Homecoming 2012 Royalty Application
2012 Homecoming King/Queen Rules
ALL Completed Homecoming Applications for all are due Friday, September 14, 2012 or Wednesday, September 19, 2012 between 7:00-10:00 A.M in front of the
Student Activities Office 020 (West SUB Basement).
If you do not plan on participating in SO-Sing, all other applications may be turned in between Friday, September 14 and Wednesday, September 19 to the Student Activities Office 020 (West SUB Basement).
This is in addition to the application you will submit online.
2012-2013 Homecoming King/Queen Rules
Organizations registered through the Center for Campus Life may sponsor ONE (1) King Candidate and ONE (1) Queen Candidate in the 2012 Homecoming elections. Candidates must turn in an official sponsor verification form with their application sponsorship verified and signed by the student organization president AND full time TTU faculty/staff advisor. Royalty applications and signatures are due no later than WEDNESDAY, September 19, 2012, by 5:00PM in the Student Activities Office, located in the Student Union West Basement, Room 020.
ABSOLUTELY NO LATE FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements, all of which WILL be verified:
- Full-time, undergraduate student. Students enrolled in a combined undergraduate/graduate degree program (i.e. BA 150) will be classified according to enrollment status in college/school.
- Enrolled in at least 12 hours at Texas Tech University for Fall 2012. Correspondence hours WILL NOT be included.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Minimum of 60 completed semester hours before Fall 2012 semester.
- CANDIDATES MUST NOT GRADUATE BEFORE MAY 2013. Please note that graduation dates will be verified through official university records for verification.
*Students from Texas Tech Health Science Center and School of Nursing may run for Homecoming King and Queen.
All candidates must attend all scheduled activities throughout the week of Homecoming. Also be aware that, if chosen as King/Queen, you must be present throughout the Homecoming festivities the following year. If unable to fulfill these duties, the first runner-up will assume the title. In addition, any candidate under the influence of drugs or alcohol during any activity will be immediately disqualified and referred to Office of Student Conduct.
There is a mandatory King/Queen meeting on Wednesday September 26th, at 7:00 p.m. in the Escondido Theater in the SUB. ***ALL CANDIDATES MUST ATTEND.***
*Campaign rules and regulations will be discussed and publicity photographs will be taken at this meeting. This will be a long meeting.*
METHOD OF ELECTION:
- Each candidate is required to attend an informational meeting on September 26th, at 7:00 p.m. in the Escondido Theater, SUB Basement.
- Photographs will be taken at this meeting, so dress appropriately.
- All candidates must submit a resume with their application. GPA MUST BE INCLUDED. Resumes may be up to 2 pages. Please be as detailed as possible.
- The Resume Committee will narrow the applications to twenty (20) (ten King and ten Queen) candidates.
- These twenty (20) candidate names will be announced at the end of S.O. Sing, Wednesday, October 10, 2012.
- Finalists will sign up for an interview, which will take place for King candidates on Thursday, October 11, 2012, from 8:00am-12:00pm in the Lone Star room, located in the SUB, and for Queen candidates on Thursday, October 11, 2012, from 1:00-5:00pm.
- The Homecoming Court will be present for the Techsan Memorial, an occasion to honor the Red Raiders who have passed away in the last year.
- The interviews will narrow the finalists to the top ten (10) (five King and five Queen) candidates, also known as the Homecoming Court.
- The Homecoming Court will be presented at the Rowdy Raider Rally on Friday, October 12, 2012, which begins at noon.
- Only these finalists will participate in a campus-wide election, beginning on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 1:00 pm and ending on Friday, October 12, 2012 at midnight.
- The Homecoming Court will ride in the Homecoming Parade on the morning of Saturday October 13, 2012.
- The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced during halftime at the football game on Saturday, October 13, 2012.
The Homecoming King/Queen and the court will be selected by the following:
(P*50%) + ((I*C)*50%) = S
P=Popular Vote I=Interview Score C=Conversion Factor S=Total Score
50% of the interview score is combined with 50% of the popular vote from the campus-wide election. The students receiving the highest combined score will be selected as King and Queen. The remaining individuals with the four highest combined scores will serve on the Homecoming Court. In case of a tie, the candidate with the highest popular vote will be selected as Homecoming King and Queen.
For the 2012 year, the Tech Activities Board has chosen The South Plains Food Bank as the philanthropy of Homecoming 2012. Every candidate will be required to volunteer for three consecutive hours at the Food Bank, located at 4612 Locust Avenue. The volunteer times are as follows:
- Thursday, October 4th, 12:30pm – 4:00pm
- Friday, October 5th, 12:30pm – 4:00pm
- Saturday, October 6th, 9:00am – 12:00pm
The Election Commission will supervise and coordinate all matters regarding the King and Queen elections. Any grievances or comments should be directed to the Student Government Association in the Student Union, Room 302, or at 806-742-3631. They will notify the Election Commission Advisor. The appropriate actions will be taken.
All grievances must be in writing and filed within 24 hours from the occurrence.
If you have any questions or concerns about this application or would like additional information, please contact Brickland Easton at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 742-4708. Thank you!