Spring 2018: Student Activities Board (SAB) Member Application
Spring 2018 Student Activities Board
Student Committee Member Application
This is a student leadership position in the Student Activities Office responsible for the series of University sponsored events in conjunction with the Student Union. Each committee member is responsible for helping facilitate one or more events. This Committee members work with a student Coordinator to help plan and implement their appointed events. General Members are advised by the Student Activities Board President and supervised by a Student Coordinator. They work closely with the Student Union & Activities staff.
- Registered full-time student at Texas Tech University.
- Agree to a grade check each semester
- A cumulative GPA of no less than 2.25
- A current semester GPA of no less than 2.0
- Attend weekly Tuesday night meetings.
- Attend Retreats.
- Work one (1) office hour weekly in the Activities office.
- Work 15 hours of events per each Fall and Spring Semester.
- Work closely with the Executive Board and Professional Staff.
- Ability to represent the University, the Student Activities Board, and yourself well.
- Evening and weekend hours are often required, particularly leading up to the events.
- Work during a nine-month period spanning from September to May.
- Need to have good Communication (written and oral), creative, and organizational skills.
- Learn skills and abilities needed to run a complex organization.
- Learn how the University operates.
- Make key contacts within the University system and Lubbock community (President, Chancellor, Lubbock and Tech Police Departments, Grounds Maintenance, SGA).
- Enhance personal skills.
- Learn various computer programs (Publisher, Excel, Illustrator, FileMaker Pro, etc.).
- Gain experiences upon which you can build.
- Learn transferable skills (public speaking, office procedures, etc.).
- Student Activities Board is a great hands-on experience for many degree plans. For example: Marketing, PR, RHIM, Graphic Design, Web Design, and many more.
Need more information about the board? Meet us at one of our three information sessions.
- January 18 - SUB Courtyard at 12pm
- January 18 - SUB Escondido Theatre 9pm
- January 19 - SUB Escondido Theatre 9pm
- January 24 - SUB Courtyard 6pm
- February 1 - SUB Red Raider Lounge 6pm
- February 2 - SUB Escondido Theatre 9pm
- Come learn about the Student Activities Board and how it can benefit you as a member, or as a participant in our free campus events.
Application Process: Mandatory Events
- February 7th - Group Interviews
- SUB Matador Room (2nd Floor) from 6:00-8:00 pm.
- February 8th- Individual Interviews
- If selected to attend an individual interview, sign up through the link that will be sent out to your e-mail provided the evening of group interviews. Interview times may be chosen between 8:00am-5:00pm.
Submit application via OrgSync by 11:59 PM.