Homecoming 2017 S.O. (Student Organization) Sing Application
ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER PARTNERING PAIR IS REQUIRED. PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IF YOUR PARTNER HAS ALREADY DONE SO.
Application Submission for S.O. Sing
For organizations participating in S.O. Sing, ALL Completed Homecoming Applications are due on Friday, September 15, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. to the Student Activities Office 020 (SUB West Basement). Please be advised seating will be assigned based on when your application is received- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
ALL Handbook signatures are required for an application to be considered complete. Online applications will be verified upon submission of Handbook signatures.
If you experience problems submitting or attaching any application documents online, please submit a physical copy with your Handbook signatures. ABSOLUTELY NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
A mandatory meeting for all Texas Tech Student Organizations and local businesses participating in Homecoming will be held Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 6:30PM in the Escondido Theatre located in the Student Union Building West Basement (under Barnes & Noble). One representative from each organization or business MUST be present; if a representative is not, the organization(s)/business will be disqualified from participation. Check in time will be from 6:30 PM-7:00 PM. The presentation will begin at 7:15.
Your organization representative will be responsible for submitting the following information by September 15, 2017 to the Student Activities Office 020 (SUB West Basement):
- List of S.O. Sing participants, typed
- List of S.O. Sing props, if necessary- Props may be no larger than three feet by three feet.
Music and Props
The following Rules and Regulations are to provide you and your organization(s) guidelines to prevent disqualification. If any of these Rules and Regulations are broken, the organization(s) will be disqualified from S.O.Sing.
- Music should be instrumental only. No music with singing/ voices will be accepted.
- Song length is limited to three (3) minutes.
- Song lyrics are required on this application. All lyrics must be sung by your organization. This is NOT a lip sync competition.
- A list of all props is also required on this application. Please be specific.
- Props can be no larger than three feet by three feet.
- Every participant must be in FULL costume for the S.O. Sing Rehearsal. All props must be present at S.O.Sing Rehearsal. Any changes in or additions to costumes or props between Rehearsal and S.O. Sing will result in disqualification.
- No glitter will be permitted!
- No feather boas will be permitted!
- All choreography and stunts must be performed the same at S.O. Sing Rehearsal and S.O. Sing. Any changes in or additions to choreography or stunts between Rehearsal and S.O. Sing will result in disqualification.
- No inappropriate or profane lyrics or dancing will be allowed. Any lyrics or dances deemed inappropriate by the Tech Activities Board Homecoming Committee will result in disqualification.
Any participant found to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will result in disqualification of entire student organization and judicial action will be taken. The accompanying group in the performance will also be disqualified.
If you have any questions or concerns or if you would like additional information, please contact Imani Cutler at email@example.com or Sergio Aldana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Student Activities office at 742-4708. We look forward to your participation in Homecoming 2017.