Homecoming 2017 Royalty Application
Homecoming 2017 Royalty
There is a mandatory King/Queen Royalty meeting on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. in the Escondido Theatre in the SUB West Basement (under Barnes & Noble). ALL ROYALTY CANDIDATES MUST ATTEND THIS MEETING! Campaign rules, appearances, and regulations will be discussed and publicity photographs will be taken at this meeting so please have candidates arrive by 6:45 p.m. wearing red and black business professional attire for the pictures. Check in time will be from 6:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. The presentation will begin at 7:15p.m.
Homecoming King/Queen Candidate Requirements
Organizations registered through the Center for Campus Life may sponsor ONE (1) King Candidate and ONE (1) Queen Candidate in the 2017 Homecoming elections. Candidates must sign the Homecoming Handbook Signature page found at the end of the Homecoming Handbook along with the Student Organization president and full-time TTU faculty/staff advisor to verify candidacy.
Eligibility for Homecoming King/Queen Candidates
- Candidates must be full-time, undergraduate or graduate students. Students enrolled in a combined undergraduate/graduate degree program (i.e. BA 150) will be classified according to enrollment status in college/school.
- Undergraduate candidates must be enrolled in at least 12 hours at Texas Tech University for Fall 2017. Correspondence hours WILL NOT be included.
- Undergraduate candidates must have completed a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours before the Fall 2016 semester.
- Undergraduate candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Graduate candidates must be enrolled in at least 9 hours at Texas Tech University for Fall 2016. Correspondence hours WILL NOT be included.
- Graduate candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Any candidates graduating BEFORE May 2018 will not be considered. Please note that graduation dates will be verified through official university records.
- Students from Texas Tech Health Sciences Center and School of Nursing may run for Homecoming King and Queen.
All requirements will be verified in accordance with Texas Tech University policies and procedures. By signing the Homecoming Handbook Signature page, you give permission to Texas Tech University personnel to access your academic records to verify candidacy requirements.
For Homecoming Royalty questions, please contact Caitlyn Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also call the Student Activities office at (806)742-4708. We look forward to your participation in Homecoming 2017!