Hello and welcome to the Dixie Pre-Medical Alliance’s (DPMA) OrgSync page, your portal for everything pertaining to our organization. DPMA, established in 2014 as a collaborative effort between Dixie State University and Intermountain Dixie Regional Medical Center, focuses on bring down the barriers between undergraduate education and medicine. Our ultimate goal is to provide venues and opportunities for aspiring pre-medical students to be fruitful in their endeavors. Our presidency is committed to helping every member enter into top tier medical and graduate schools, and are specialized in each of their fields: Academics, Career Involvement, and Service.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Dixie Pre-Medical Alliance, please follow the following steps:
- Make sure that you meet the minimum requirements for Associate Membership.
- Familiarize yourself with the club constitution.
- Fill out the Associate Membership form.
- MCAT study sessions
- Free MCAT Practice Exams
- Peer Tutoring
- Summer Research Internships
- Career Involvement:
- Internship at Intermountain Healthcare (includes 24 hours of physician shadowing) - 3-5 students/semester
- Intermountain/DSU Pre-Med Seminars
- Opportunity to conduct research at Stanford University - 2-3 students/summer
- Trips to Medical Schools and lectures from Admission Officers
- UC Davis Pre-Med Conference
- Multiple service projects a semester
- Special Needs Sports Weekend
- Tuesday Night Science Night at the St. George Library
- New way of documenting your service through the "Involvement" section of OrgSync
- Opportunity to have your service idea financed
- Application and Personal Statement:
- A complete breakdown of the application process to medical schools
- Personal Statement workshop
- Professional interviewer from University of Utah - mock interviews here on campus!