Active Minds is established for the expressed purpose of:
1. Increasing the awareness of the students, faculty, and staff at Fordham University about issues surrounding mental health, symptoms related to mental health disorders and mental health resources available both on campus and in the surrounding community
2. Working towards reducing stigma surrounding mental health disorders so that students will feel more comfortable openly discussing mental-health related issues and seeking help when it is needed
3. Promoting a general awareness of holistic health by emphasizing care of both body and mind
4. Providing students with easy access to information about Eating Disorders, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, and other mental health disorders
5. Serving as a liaison between the student body and the mental health community by holding campus-wide activities such as hosting guest speakers, providing informational fact sheets, organizing fundraisers and running national Active Minds programs designed to reduce stigma and raise mental health awareness
6. Providing a forum and building an open environment for all students to speak up about mental health
Active Minds, Inc. does not provide counseling or any form of clinical mental healthcare, and an Active Minds chapter is therefore not, nor will ever form, a peer counseling or support group.
We hope to offer a wide range of programing to educate our campus on mental health, connect students to resources and change the negative perceptions of mental illness.
Please write your organization's general email account address.